Sunday, April 20, 2008

Terri turnes 47, A New Beginning.

Hey, Yes its true, I am turning 47. Wow, hard to believe I'm so old. Sorry Mom. It has been a great birthday weekend. It started on Saturday, the doorbell rang and there on the door step were some beautiful orange roses. They are so beautiful, Becca and Steve picked them out for me. Also Becca has made me a cake and decorated it for me. She did a great job. On Sunday Teresa, Emi, Joseph, and Josh, the only well Hartman's in Arizona, Came over to share cake and sing the Birthday song to me. It was so great, I loved Every minute of it. I opened may gifts and ate cake and ice cream. It has been a great weekend, and it is not even my real birthday yet.

OK speaking about birthdays, I am taking a different attitude about birthdays this year, especially after Becca's birthday. I have realized that parents really spoil their children when it comes to birthdays. They make them think that the birthday is a holiday, a day of cake, ice cream, confetti, presents, special outings, and balloons. This is great when you are young, but as adults they forget to tell us that birthdays are just another day. It is NOT a Holiday. I believe this is why so many adults hate their birthdays. They have not realized that birthday Holidays are only for kids.

Adult birthdays are a day to thank your mother and father for having you. For being thankful when someone notices its your birthday and being happy you are still alive and kicking. I have realized this, and I can say for the first time I am free. I am so excited for my birthday, I am thankful for the cake Becca made me. for the cards from my Mom and Dad, Jon and Kre, and Teresa and Steve. For the beautiful flowers Steve and Becca got me. and for that silly Birthday song Joseph and family sang so bad. I feel free knowing it is not a holiday and no one is expected to remember. I am free to just have a great day, and find all the free stuff I can.

The Beautiful Orange Roses

The Birthday Cake Becca Made For My Birthday.

Me and My Cake

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Although I've always had this ... "just another day" attitude, very well said. Have a terrific day anyway - we LOVE YOU! And yes, GO FIND THAT FREE STUFF!

Unknown said...

Awwww....Happy belated birthday Terri! It sounds like you had a really great day. You're awesome...I love ya! :)