Sunday, October 12, 2008

Making the doughnuts

Jessica making doughnuts !
Jessica and I were at the store and saw some doughnuts. They looked so good but for a little box of doughnut holes it was $3.99. Wow, that is a lot for such a few doughnuts. So I said why dont we make some? So we got out the cookbook and looked up doughnuts and we started making them. We made the standard doughnut and holes for a while then jessica got the idea to get the cookie cutters out for halloween and we did owls and bat shapes. It worked great, and they tasted even better. we put sugar and cinnamon on them. It was so much fun doing a project with jessica.

Doughnuts cooking in the oil.

The cinnamon and sugar

Owls and Bats cooking

Jessica rolling out some dough for the doughnuts

A Plate full of doughnuts!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Yummy....almost as good as fry bread! My family used to make donuts growing up too -- my favorite is dipped in powdered sugar.

Teresa said...

So how many carbs are we talking here?

Barbara said...

Looks delicious! Good job Jessie.

Kreanna said...

MMM....Those look good! I LOVE DOUGHNUTS!! I'm glad you two had fun!